Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to keeping Red Cherry Shrimp, I have had 6 in an 8 gallon tank with my male Betta for a week now, so far everyone is getting along fine (some chasing and a few nips here and there but I've actually seen the shrimp chase my Betta too!).

Anyway, can anyone tell what is normal behaviour for Red Cherry Shrimp? They have been quite active and eating well, my tank is now sparkling clean from the little algae I did have. Sometime I notice one or two will start swimming laps around the tank, and swim up to the surface a few times, is this a sign of anything good or bad?

All my water parameters are normal and the tank is planted, not densely but it's getting there.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This actually appears to be a single female swimming around a lot. She has a yellow band around her middle which I've read is a sign of eggs? However, I was under the impression that the shrimp I purchased were not long passed juvenile...

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
She seems to hop from place to place, in the morning the others aren't that active but in the evenings when I get home they all become active and eat well. I tend to feed them in the evening. It's morning now and she's still swimming all over, almost like she's looking for something.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.