Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a load of these spare from filling my filter. I can get some terracotta clay to put in my soil but I'm going to have to dry it anyway. Should I just use these rings, will they do the same job of bringing iron to the roots?

Cheers

·
454 Posts
Hello, I am not familiar with red ceramic rings, but I doubt it will do anything in the way of giving useable iron to your plants. I assume these rings are hard, baked? Are you talking about what is used as media in a filter?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello, I am not familiar with red ceramic rings, but I doubt it will do anything in the way of giving useable iron to your plants. I assume these rings are hard, baked? Are you talking about what is used as media in a filter?
Yep those are the ones. I've ordered the clay now. Was a bit of a chore looking for natural clay, everything seems to have polyemers in it. I got some das terracotta that said it was 100% natural.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.