Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Banned
750 Posts
I have one the Coralife 72" deluxe lights on my 125 gallon tank. This is my lighting schedule

10:00am-10:00pm - Main lights ON
9:45pm-12:00am - Moon lights (Leds)

The reason I turn on the moon ligghts 15 minutes prior to the main lights going off is to make sure the moon lights are on, since they are both on 2 different timers.

I switched the actinics with 6700K watt bulbs, but I realize I like the 10000k bulbs better. The 6700 bulbs make things look more yellowish. Unfortunately, I broke one of the actinic bulbs. They don't do much for a freshwater tank, other than making the blues on fish more bluer.

· Banned
750 Posts
I don't keep the leds on the rest of the nights, becuase I think the fish can still see with them on. If I throw food in the tank, they go directly to where the food is as if they have seen it.

I'm not sure if the actinics make a difference to fish. I just use the room lighting for dusk ligthing and when I did have actinics, only used them when guests came, since it made the fish look nicer.

· Banned
750 Posts
Due to an algae problem, I decided to cut mine down.

Since it's low tech, I only use 1 set of lights (2*96 watts=1.5wpg), and not the other, but I still use the blue leds.

Daylights (main) 12:00pm-10:00pm
Daylights (secondary) OFF
Luners 9:45pm-1:00am

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.