Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I have had my shrimp for several weeks now and really enjoy them. I started with about 30 adults and quickly noticed shrimplets. The last week or so I have not observed as many adults, but I see more and more shrimplets. I have not seen any dead shrimp, so I am wondering if this is normal or just what I may be observing? There in a dedicated tank with only pond snails.

·
Registered
645 Posts
a few questions.is the tank heavily planted? what are params? has there been a lot of molting? is this an open top tank?

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The tank is heavily planted and the plants are thriving. The water chemistry should be fine, p.h., hardness and waste discharge close to zero. I have noted some molting, but not all that much. I thought maybe it was hidden in the plants, but I am not going to stir things up now as that could make the situation worsen if in deed there is one. The tank is open air, but my fishroom sits at 85% humidity and yes, it rains in there.

·
Registered
645 Posts
if they are molting they hide.i would not worry too much.when mine molt i do not see them for around a week or so.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts