Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just pay shipping! I think it's like 5.80 for a flat rate priority mail ^-^

Frogbit will be a good overstuffed sandwich baggie amount. I have about 5 baby java ferns (and I mean baby! less than 2 inches), too.

The frogbit WILL have duckweed mixed in (and if you WANT duckweed, I can throw in a sandwich baggie of that too!) and possibly snails.

I can trim the frogbit roots if you want, as they are prone to melting upon arrival to a new tank.

Would prefer to ship it all out together as one package!

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
I am soooo mad at you for posting this when I have no money. .-.
I was JUST pricing frogbit and java fern.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can hold onto it if you want! There's no rush, the frogbit is just turning my tank into eternal darkness xD The entire surface of my 3ft tank is covered in it.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
I got permission from the hubby to go halfsies on it with his cousin who's living below us at the moment. :) Waiting on a yes or no from her!

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay ^-^
I'll be sending you a baggie and another person a baggie. You'll get the java ferns, tho :)

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It will ALWAYS be available xD My frogbit grows like craaaazy under the LEDs I have. Just let me know if/when you can afford it and I can ship you some ;p

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
I've read it can be a bit finicky with lighting, I have two 10w 6500k bulbs in my tank, would it fry it?

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't think so. I have it in my 10 gallon tank under two 13 watt CFLs, and while it doesn't propagate as quickly as under my LEDs it still grows ridiculously long roots (I have to trim at least twice a month, and that's just to keep them from rooting into the substrate xD)

·
Registered
460 Posts
I am soooo mad at you for posting this when I have no money. .-.
I was JUST pricing frogbit and java fern.
if you want to wait a few weeks, i have java fern..... got lots growing off the old leaves, been letting it grow because i didn't know if i wanted to keep it or not. letting it all recover from crappy lighting prior to the new lights on the tanks. let me know... you can have it just pay shipping once it has fully recovered.

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
Heehee, is this frogbit the descended from the stuff I shipped off to you last summer? ^__^
You're so awesome to do a RAOK, Jen! <3

1 - 11 of 11 Posts