Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought two rams for my 29 gallon 2 days ago. They have been peaceful so far, however today one has started chasing the other non stop. As well as this I noticed the one doing the harassing was intertwined with the other at one point. Can someone possibly explain this behaviour.

Attachments

·
Registered
201 Posts
These look like Bolivian rams, rams are cichlids. They need hidings spots throughout the tank. Water conditions/temp can also increase aggression. You should research more on this species and their set-up. I've kept both German and Bolivian ram pairs peacefully (2 sets of each, not at the same time as they have different requirements). Currently I have 4 in an 80gal with plenty of plants and caves.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
These look like Bolivian rams, rams are cichlids. They need hidings spots throughout the tank. Water conditions/temp can also increase aggression. You should research more on this species and their set-up. I've kept both German and Bolivian ram pairs peacefully (2 sets of each, not at the same time as they have different requirements). Currently I have 4 in an 80gal with plenty of plants and caves.
thanks for the advice, the tank is well planted and also has a lot of hiding places. They've been peaceful since I posted this, I think they just needed time to settle in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts