Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On April 15, 2014, My Sophie was abruptly taken from me:cry: She was a beautiful Border Collie. only 9 years old. She was in heat, just as every other time (3-4 times a year). Everything seemed fine the night before, then suddenly she had a seizure. She had a few seizures over the past 3 years and was on medication for it. It turns out her heat had left her open to infection that turned septic, thus possibly causing a seizure. I rushed her to the animal hospital but 5 minutes after arriving she went into cardiac and respritory arrest, they did CPR. but :cry: I'm so lost right now, she was my best friend, my life. The message I want out there is that if you have a female dog, GET HER SPADE, ASAP. Save yourself this intolerable pain:cry: and possibly your best friends life!!!

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear that. I really am. It's never, ever easy to lose a beloved pet.

Yes, get them spayed, especially after a certain age, whether you have bred them or not, no matter the bloodlines. Unfortunately this is one of many issues people unfortunately are not aware of with unspayed females. Please spread your story so others know the risks they may not be aware of.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts