Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gus was bought on the 11th of June for my boyfriend as it was his birthday. I loved him the second I saw him, he was a beautiful grey/brown colour :). He was so playful and the most kindest hamster I could ever ask for. One day in January 2012 we had him out playing with him and discovered a lump inside his left ear, we phoned the vets and by the time we got an appointment he had developed another one :(, we later found of it was skin tumours:(. we had the option of surgery but he was so small and timid he wouldn't of made it. On the 20th of February at 5:30pm Gus was put to sleep :'( . We saved his chew toy and his little house. We miss you so much :( We love you :( I hope you're at peace and not in pain anymore ?

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Gus was bought on the 11th of June for my boyfriend as it was his birthday. I loved him the second I saw him, he was a beautiful grey/brown colour :). He was so playful and the most kindest hamster I could ever ask for. One day in January 2012 we had him out playing with him and discovered a lump inside his left ear, we phoned the vets and by the time we got an appointment he had developed another one :(, we later found of it was skin tumours:(. we had the option of surgery but he was so small and timid he wouldn't of made it. On the 20th of February at 5:30pm Gus was put to sleep :'( . We saved his chew toy and his little house. We miss you so much :( We love you :( I hope you're at peace and not in pain anymore ?

Aww. What a lucky guy to have a good home while he was alive. We had a rat that developed tumors, and she also died, and died very quickly. Rodents are quite suceptible to this kind of thing. I'm sorry for your loss :(

Gwen

·
Administrator
9,804 Posts
Sorry to hear about Gus the hammy and Gus the platy.

Hammy Gus sounds like he was adorable. I'm glad he didn't suffer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts