Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess I'm not even sure how to ask, but has anyone else expressed a concern or complaint about user VivianKJean?

I've seen several posts now where she has posted "advice" to someone, but it's not in a nice way. And I've also found that some of what she says isn't true. For example, the latest post I've seen she said "Bettas cannot live in tanks smaller than 2.5 gallons." She doesn't say shouldn't, she doesn't say it's not ideal, just that they cannot. It's not ideal, but many bettas are kept successfully in tanks smaller than 2.5 gallons with the necessary water changes (which she does address afterwards). I know that if I were new to bettas and asked for advice and she had said that to me I would be scared and frantic and very discouraged.

This is not the first post I've seen of Vivian saying things such as that, this is just what pushed me to contact the moderators about it.

Thanks for your time, and I apologize if I'm being concerned over nothing :)

·
Administrator
5,465 Posts
Thanks for the heads up... we'll take a look at her posts.
Without actually following her around... or constantly correcting what she says... can you "alert" us when you see a post that is really bad? If you click on the small red & white triangle and give us a reason... " wrong information, please ask the Ref team to help", we'll give the link to the post and thread to the reference team to post to correct the info or sometimes the mods will correct it ourselves. She will never know you alerted us in anyway unless you post in the thread and try to correct her info repeatedly.
Thanks tho... we'll take a look at her posts.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response - if I see any further posts that are questionable I'll alert you guys :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts