It's more of containing much calcium. They don't cause harm though but removing the accumulated stuff is a pain.Bryson06 said:Could this build up of whte stuff be because where I live we have very "hard" tap water? We have alot of Minerals in our water. I did use a dual water conditioner that removes chlorine and chloramine.
I beg to differ. Any deposts that collect on the glass can be easily removed with a flat bladed hobby knife.Blue said:The only way to remove the calcium deposits on the glass is lowering the water level, then scrubbing the calcium deposits with a rag soaked in muriatic acid.