Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a decent deal on an Eheim 2028 ($56.23) and wanted to know if you guys recommended this filter.

It's for the 150 gallon and the box says it's good for a 58 gallon tank (which obviously they always exaggerate). With 2 55 gallon HOB's would this filter be sufficient?

·
Banned
2,510 Posts
eheim 2028

good filter. may be undersized for your use. what do you have in the tank now and how many? i am much like TOOLMAN TIM. my 300 is being turned over almost 9x every hour. wish i could make it 12. what other filters and other type of filtration are you using? oh, let me introduce myself. i am a new fish in the bowl but have been in the hobby for 35+ years so good evening.

·
Banned
750 Posts
It's a good deal on the filter, but the filter is rated for a 150 gallon tank, so you may want to add another canister filters or just use a HOB filter. I run a Eheim Pro II 2128, which has a built in heater compared to the 2028, also a Rena FilStar XP3 on my 125 gallon tank.

·
Banned
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey there and welcome to the forum!

When I buy my canister filter (whatever one I decide upon) it will also be run with 2 HOB filters. Those filters are: A Whisper 30-60 and a Regent of the exact same look (Doesn't say what kind..uses EZ Filters #3?).

Obviously I'll always have my eyes peeled for cheap upgrades, but who knows when that will be. Would this eheim be sufficient with the two HOB's?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Re: eheim 2028

herefishy said:
good filter. may be undersized for your use. what do you have in the tank now and how many? i am much like TOOLMAN TIM. my 300 is being turned over almost 9x every hour. wish i could make it 12. what other filters and other type of filtration are you using? oh, let me introduce myself. i am a new fish in the bowl but have been in the hobby for 35+ years so good evening.
so what your saying is that a filter that can turn over about 10x per hour is sufficent for a normal stocked tank? so with my 10 gal i use an aquaclear mini which puts out 90 gal per hour. that would be 9x. so im sorta in the ballpark for good filtration right?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Re: eheim 2028

weaselnoze said:
herefishy said:
so what your saying is that a filter that can turn over about 10x per hour is sufficent for a normal stocked tank? so with my 10 gal i use an aquaclear mini which puts out 90 gal per hour. that would be 9x. so im sorta in the ballpark for good filtration right?
wow. imo thats pretty good

1 - 9 of 9 Posts