Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious, what are the long vines that are sometimes on Jungle Val? Pic below..

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Do Jungle Vallisneria flower?? I had some and mine never did that. I didn't even think they flowered???

·
Registered
22,557 Posts
Yes, those are flower stalks.

I do wish members would read the profiles:smash: as things like this are usually mentioned.;-) The Vall profiles explain the male plant and female plant that both have distinct flowers.

Except for ferns and mosses, most (perhaps all) the plants we keep in our tanks do naturally flower. We may rarely if ever see this, due to various factors involving emersed/submersed, parameters, nutrients, light and temperature. Often the only hint of flowers will be those that may be on the plant when we buy it.

Byron.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts

I do wish members would read the profiles:smash: as things like this are usually mentioned.;-)
Byron.

maybe make a separate section for plant profiles next to the fish profiles link.. separate link most don't expect to find plant profiles when they click fish profiles

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
they do! haha

I do wish members would read the profiles:smash: as things like this are usually mentioned.;-) The Vall profiles explain the male plant and female plant that both have distinct flowers.
Ohh ..... :| I have read the profile buts its been about a year ago.. guess I forgot about it and should have reread before posting... Sorry.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts