Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, all! I am new to fishkeeping and just bought a completely set up freshwater 46-gallon community last night. This is the queen of the aquarium, and I wondered if anyone could tell me what her pattern and coloration are called.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
That's a nice looking angelfish.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
She's gorgeous. i have a pair who look just like her, they're wild type/silver angelfish.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
5,201 Posts

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
Why the eyeroll?
I don't know anything about identifying angels beyond species. I was going to say black striped red eyed - just picking out features. Is that what it's really called? Same goes for platys and whatnot - "what kind of platy is this?" It's a male :roll: Obviously not the answer they are looking for....

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
I believe the color is called standard silver
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
828 Posts
It's just called Silver. If this was purchased from a pet store, I'd be more inclined to say it's not a Wild Type. Many angels now come with the red in their eyes. My juvies are actually developing the red in their eyes.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks! I just got him/her (can you tell the sex? I'd love to know), and as far as I can tell, she's been eating Tropical Crisps and occasional worm treats.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Thanks! I just got him/her (can you tell the sex? I'd love to know), and as far as I can tell, she's been eating Tropical Crisps and occasional worm treats.
You can only tell sex while their tubes are down. The females tube is blunt, the males is pointed. The best items to compare them to is pencils. The female's is the eraser, the male's is the lead point.

Female: http://www.koiangelfish.com/images/female%20up%20close2.jpg

Male: http://www.koiangelfish.com/images/male up close2.jpg

Some people say you can tell by the shape of the body. but that isn't always accurate. Even some women can have manly features.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts