Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.

I just have some random questions about a SW quarantine tank, as I'm cycling mine while I'm working on my first tank.

Anyways, what would you recommend to keep running in it when you are not hospitalizing anything in the tank- or do you leave anything running at all? In mine I just have a small heater, a small external filter, and a light. And some small decor for fish if they want to hide.

Also, is there anything else you can do with a quarantine tank, ie raise some kind of food/inverts when it is not in use?

Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
3,663 Posts

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
Hello all.

I just have some random questions about a SW quarantine tank, as I'm cycling mine while I'm working on my first tank.

Anyways, what would you recommend to keep running in it when you are not hospitalizing anything in the tank- or do you leave anything running at all? In mine I just have a small heater, a small external filter, and a light. And some small decor for fish if they want to hide.

Also, is there anything else you can do with a quarantine tank, ie raise some kind of food/inverts when it is not in use?

Thanks in advance!!!
I see no purpose in having a permanent hospital tank. After the display is fully stocked, just break down the Q and keep it handy. If you follow proper quarantine practices, it will be hard to imagine a situation where you would decide to remove a fish from the display for the purpose of medication. Yes, you can make an argument on both sides of this discussion, but personally I just take the Q down.

This also has the added benefit of helping you resist the urge to buy "just one more fish".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts