Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
so when a reply does not contribute to a thread topic it is pulled right? just need some clarification here.
Not necessarily, MoneyMitch. It is more based on our collaborative decisions on whether leaving it would be disruptive, or if it wouldn't make sense to keep in place.

According to the Tropical Fish Keeping Forum Rules we "have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should [we] see fit."

What is this in reference to?

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
I was just about to return your PM on this, thanks for posting here so we can all be involved!

I'm a new mod, you know that. But I'd say that it really depends on the situation, the post(s) in question, and which rules they break.

I just 'cleaned up' the thread started by BWG, because we only resurrected it to test the problem he was having with the loach profile (which has been brought to the attention of Admin). BWG may return to his thread in the future for more information, or another member may happen upon it while having a similar issue, and our random typing of scientific names doesn't really apply to that.

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
You mentioned in your last posting that you don't see an issue with a thread evolving, and in many cases a thread will follow a natural progression along a similar line of questioning. I don't often see these threads changed by the moderation staff. But sometimes it derails, and the posts at the end have nothing to do with the original topic. In situations like these it can be a good idea to start a new thread on the new topic - so that other users are able to easily find information that applies to what they are searching for.

I'm still new to this side of TFK, so welcome additional information, or corrections if I am in any way wrong here. :D

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
If a thread is derailed by random people I will say something, but if the OP is participating in derailing I will leave it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Reactions: Chesh

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
just a general question ive had for a while. so it takes a collaborative decision rather then a individual mod making the decision souly themselves?
Almost everything we do takes a collaborative decision. We err on the side of caution, so to say, and feel that if a few mods agree than it must be the right course of action.

There are currently fifteen moderators that are active throughout the forum, both here on TFK and our sister site, BettaFish.com. Most of the time each one of us will weigh in on issues here on the forum and a lot of them are busy in sections where people such as yourself do not regularly visit. We try to be fair and having those moderators that aren't in direct contact with the posters in question helps to shed a fair light on the situations.

Please don't think that if stuff is being removed that it is anything personal. We try to keep a good-sized team to avoid such happenings.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Those posts were Chesh and the other person "spamming" the forum to test for bugs so to speak (as far as I know), and she felt that there wasn't any reason for people to be seeing the thread as an active topic so removed the posts.
Posted via Mobile Device

Reactions: Chesh
1 - 10 of 10 Posts