Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought some fish earlier and I'm trying to equalise pH. Every 15 mins I am adding 30ml of my tank water to the fish water. But the pH has not shifted. I have been doing this for 4 hours now.

Could the LFS Added something to keep the pH low?

Should I up the volume of water I'm adding as I don't want the fish distressed about being in the bag as long.

·
Registered
9,426 Posts
i see that you posted this hours ago..how did you get on ?

Reactions: JonandJo

·
Registered
156 Posts
I bought some fish earlier and I'm trying to equalise pH. Every 15 mins I am adding 30ml of my tank water to the fish water. But the pH has not shifted. I have been doing this for 4 hours now. quote]

What is the pH (value)you're tryimg to equalize?

Messing with the pH is very likely to lead to disaster.:)

If you are talking about just acclimating the new fish to the tank you're doing fine don't change anything you're doing until the fish water is doubled in volume. Then empty out about half and repeat the process. One repetition of the emptying should make all the acclimation your new fish need.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
7 hours it took to acclimate the fish and even then it still wasn't perfect.

·
Registered
9,426 Posts
that's got to be a new world record !

·
Registered
690 Posts
7 hours it took to acclimate the fish and even then it still wasn't perfect.
It never will be, nor does it need to be. Hardness is more important than pH, it affects the osmoregulation in fish. You change this with every water change by dropping the TDS of the tank. It changes in nature with every storm that produces rain. Changing pH, hardness & TDS are some of the tricks breeders use to induce spawning.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts