Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, All:

I'd like to know if I can post this in "Habitats, Accessories, etc." My husband and I are taking our RV to several states with a destinations of Glacier Nat'l Park and Yellowstone. He says if anyone wants to buy the stands, we can meet up somewhere. TN, KY, IN, IL, WI, SD, WY, MT, CO, TX, KS, MS, ARK, MS.

Thank you,

Linda

http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=236993

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Hi Linda can I ask why you would like to post the ad in the Betta "Habitats, Accessories area ? Thanks for your question glad to see members using this area.

I see you do have it posted in the Classifieds area already.

Sounds like a great road trip you will have to take lots of photos to share with us on the forum :)

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I figure there are people who habitually view the first two threads who don't check out the "Classified" section.

We're so lucky; Gary can combine work with the trip so it won't cost us as much and by driving, we're saving the company money, too. Gary usually flies. Plus, RV parks are much, much cheaper than motels: $45+/- per night as opposed $120.

I'm sure we'll take lots of photos. And I mean LOTS of photos. :)

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
While you may be right this would be breaking the rules of posting ad in any other area except the Classifieds and if I give you permission to go ahead and place your ad in Betta "Habitats, Accessories area some members may see this as unfair and will start asking to have their ads placed there as well. So in my opinion this would not be a good idea, I am sorry but lets wait and see if any of the other moderators want to weight in on this issue.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Thanks for your understanding Linda I really appreciate that. It is difficult for me to say no we have to follow the rules and having said that if another moderator wants to step in and say yes lets allow this I would be fine with that as well :) We just have to be so careful in the decisions we make and that is a hard task sometimes and I am sure you are aware of that.

I look forward to seeing those photos of your road trip to all those states , you must be so excited so be safe and have loads of fun :-D

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Actually, I didn't really want to post a classified; I wanted to refer: I have some Betta racks in the classified section. For anyone interested, we will be vacationing and able to deliver on our way to Wisconsin, SD, MT, WY and CO. PM with your location and I'll see if it's on our route.

Probably should have asked if it was okay to put in the breeder or show section, instead. :)

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
i can give you a sneaky suggestion >.>
you can post a thread in habitats and reference a link to your ad if you can relate it to the post. the thread however has to be about BF equip and habitats and can not be used to exclusively redirect someone to your classified ad :) hope that gives you some room to breathe~

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Actually, I didn't really want to post a classified; I wanted to refer: I have some Betta racks in the classified section. For anyone interested, we will be vacationing and able to deliver on our way to Wisconsin, SD, MT, WY and CO. PM with your location and I'll see if it's on our route.

Probably should have asked if it was okay to put in the breeder or show section, instead. :)

Sorry Linda I guess I read your post wrong and didnt understand what you were really asking. Sure I suppose you can put a refer thread in there somewhere. I need more coffee and a new brain so I am off the see the Wizard about getting both :lol:

·
Administrator
5,465 Posts
I agree, I think it's ok to tell someone to go look at your classified advert, that you may be in their area. We may still get a report but by then you will have left and we can remove it. This is just a one time thing and an unusual situation. And very nice of you I might add!!

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
two mods against one ;) permission granted<3

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
I was not against the idea I misunderstood the question. We work as a Team that is why its always good to get more than one opinion in this area when questions are asked :p

YAY Linda I hope you sell those nice items you have for sell :-D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts