Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now as you all know I have a single juvanile Angel in a 20, when winter comes and projects die down ( gardens/ect) I plan on setting up a 55 or 90 gallon to house him for life. I was thinking of the following tank mates. tank combanations, Ideas. subjestions.

A royal pleco or 3 striped raphael cats if a 90 gallon folowed by a festivum or a pair of bolivan rams, and marbelloh ( angel) if 90 gal. :-D

If a 55 gallon the angel marbelloh and a school 12 to 10 of larger tetras plus maybe an african buterfly fish.:-D

Would these fish do okay in a tank that size or would they need larger quaters.

·
Registered
22,557 Posts
I think these combinations could work, basically.

You do realize the Royal pleco gets over a foot in length? And that is a significant bioload/waste issue.

I might not try the African Butterfly in with an angel that might nip it, not sure on this but it seems a risk.

The only risk in adding Festivum in with your angel is that the angel is established and might not appreciate intruders into its space. But if introduced together, or the Festivum first then the angel, this might not be a problem.

Byron.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so maybe ditch the royal and go for the rapheal cats instead- got it. i think ditching the butterfly is also a good idea.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts