Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have this porcupine puffer since the summer now and it has always got alonged with tank mates such as long horn cow and lion fish and damsels all of a sudden he goes on these crazy streaks and tries to kill everythign in the tank literally everything any clue on whats going on?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
yeah so was mine then all of a sudden hes going crazy for no reason it might be because weve been feeding feeder fish and he was never use to that and now he thinks there all feeder fish the long horn cow is roughly the same size and they got along fine until today and few instances but i can see everyones colors are a littler faded due to the stress of the porcupine chazing them the cow has brown marks showing up now and little ich maybe looks to be clearing up though seems to happen more when the are off so now i leave them on

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
I'm concerned with your cowfish. Don't they release toxins which can kill fish?:blueshake: Porcupines as well can nip other fish much like puffers do.:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Are there any signs of disease on the puffer? If so he may just be stressed from Ich or other gill parasites. If not it more than likely either aggression attained from feeding live fish. I would either move some of the larger competitors into a second tank, or return them.

another important thing to mention is what is the size of your tank, I could give a better answer if I knew how cramped the fish were.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts