Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so I have convict cichlid for 6 years now. This year I got a betta and got a divider in my 40gl tank to give roughly 5gal for entra 35 for cichlid. My betta passed to the cichlid side and now he is missing a whole eye and has a couple bites I don’t know how to cure him I’m so sad he only has one eye now he’s gonna die isn’t he ?

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Not necessarily. What you have to do is set up a 5 gallon (or more) tank that's betta only. Go online (Aquarium Co-op has the best service) and get some medication to prevent infection. If you don't know which med to buy, Candi (or someone there) can help you, they're unbelievable! You can instantly cycle the 5 gallon with the filter media from the other tank. The best thing I've ever done is to nab 5 gallon aquarium kits when they were on sale at PetSmart for $30 each! I always have a spare tank for a crisis. And there's always going to be a crisis. KG Tropicals has a video on YouTube called "Bubbles." Bubbles is their blind betta; one of their cichlid videos introduces us to "One Eyed Willie," a cichlid that lost an eye to his tank mates but was just fine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts