Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought an Inspector Pleco yesterday, and I come home today and one of the two Dwarf Frogs that I had is missing. . . The two frogs were doing just fine with my other fish. The crazy thing about it though is the Pleco isn't even all that big yet.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Bought an Inspector Pleco yesterday, and I come home today and one of the two Dwarf Frogs that I had is missing. . . The two frogs were doing just fine with my other fish. The crazy thing about it though is the Pleco isn't even all that big yet.
I have a friend whose Bristle Nose Pleco killed a couple of his African Dwarf Frogs but, it didn't eat them. One of my frogs disappeared and I suspect it got out of the tank somehow. I'd check the floor. Unfortunately, they only live about 20 minutes out of water. Hope he turns up and was just hiding.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Some pleco are predatory; it is a diverse family. I was talking to a guy this past weekend and he was saying his pleco attacked and killed several of his large angel fish.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
May have ran it over? A startled pleco can take off very quickly.

Of course the frog may just be hiding? Mine could disappear for days at a time. Although may want to check the filter if it's possible the frog could get inside.. or the floor as suggested already :x

1 - 4 of 4 Posts