Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello :) I'm new to this community and in need of some help!! I have 2 glofish Tetras that I need help with. One of them is pretty fat. He eats well, swims well and is active.... so I dont know if its dropsy, hes just a chunk or what. The other fish has what appears to be a small lump of some sort on his belly. He eats and acts fine as well. Any help would be appreciated. I test their tank and all levels are within normal perimeters as well. Stanley.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hi there, okay please complete the help form so the members here have a full picture of what is going on in your aquarium and can assist you better:
Help Form (use for all fish)
bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=612810

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
To me it kind of looks like a prolapsed anus or some kind of blockage. What are you feeding and how much? More info about your tank, water parameters and maintenance schedule would help as mentioned.

·
Registered
679 Posts
I agree with Jeaninel it looks like a prolaps which is eventually fatal.

If you're worried about dropsy, just look at the fish from the top of the tank. If it looks like a pinecone with scales protruding it is dropsey. If so I'd consider euthanizing both and starting over. I have serious issues with the pianted tetras as their color was born in a lab and not by natural mutation. In my opinion, they are weaker than the nornal variety and not a good beginner fish. As their popularity grows we are seeing more and more issues as it appears the line is unstable. ---OK, critics your turn----

1 - 4 of 4 Posts