Tropical Fish Keeping banner
81 - 100 of 218 Posts

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
musho3210 said:
well since ntd wont really kill your danios (hopefully) i think it will be fine to have neons. If you have good water quality, healthy diet, loving care, i think your fish wont have NTD let alone any sickness.
I agree. Tiptop water conditions will reduce the chances of any diseases afflicting the fish. Dirty water will make matters worse.:shake:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
wow Blue, interesting!
I think I'll just go with cardinals, as I think they're more appealing and from what I've learned today.
I understand as long as you take proper care of your fish and tank, the disease shouldn't be a huge issue.
It's a lot of hard work, but it seems so worth it so far. And I haven't gotten all that far!:)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
I'm not sure about the gouramis now.
I was interested in the thick lipped ones, but need more info.
I like the dwarf gouramis. The neon blue, turquoise , and sunset honey ones look nice, in the males varieties.

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
musho3210 said:
so now that weve covered tetras, why guarmie do you want (how do you spell guarmie the correct way?)
Gourami.:mrgreen:
I prefer honey gourami(Colisa sota).

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
i dont know much about gouramis :D but they website i gave you has information on them. Of course you could still get the pink ballon kissing gourami as long as you know enough about them. I think they get around 6-8 inches so they might find your danios or tetras as yummy food.

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
DanaJ said:
LOL is that type of kissing gourami NON agressive or what?
They are non-aggressive.:) They just have a tendency to treat small fish as snacks.
Would just avoid this species unless you plan an upgrade.:)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
Ahh I see, can't ever win with my tank size, huh? :lol:

It's okay, once I get everything down, they it will be time to move to a bigger tank, and possily evena saltwater much later down the line.

I didn't really want a lot of tiny fish. Ah well. It's been fun so far, and it will be nice once my tank is stocked!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
Oh okay, that's good to know! If I did, I'm guessing I'd just get a male. I'm looking at info and pics on them now to see if it's something I would want to/be able to pursue.

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
I was just feeding my danios (love food, one of mine shoved two flakes in his mouth and swam off with the other fish chasing him) when i rememerd that when you feed tetras make sure they are slow sinking food, not floating. If you are feeding flakes or crisps, dip them in the water and then feed incase of swim bladder problems

Are you interested in shrimp?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
Yes, I've noticed that danios are quite ravenous. It's definately a feeding frenzy!
I am interested in learning about shrimp. I think they're pretty neat, but until I get more info on them, I can't really make up my mind:)

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
Oh and once the ghost shrimp are older and you can see them clearly, if you look closely you can see them digesting food or you can see their organs.

They get a long fine with my danios, occaisonally my danios would nudge them curiously but the shrimp are very very fast.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #99 ·
That is so up my alley!! You have no idea!
Stuff like that is amazing to me.

Was yours a baby when you got it? Do they sell them older, or are they almost always sold as babies/young? I read they are usually sold as feeders.

81 - 100 of 218 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.