Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
bettas galore!!!
66 Posts
he sounds like a fin nipper. add some Indian almond leaves(kapatta) and some aquarium salt to treat the fins. do frequent water changes as well. sorry I didn't respond earlier I've been mainly on a different forum.

·
Registered
bettas galore!!!
66 Posts
thx, I put some Indian almond leaves in there about 2months ago now and they just went to the bottom and got all yucky. I had to scoop there pieces out. Should I get a better brand or something? And I added salt right after I wrote the post. So far it hasn't done anything for him. His body looks terrible. But his personality and behavior is good though.
no you must change them out every one in a while.

·
Registered
bettas galore!!!
66 Posts
Oh, and as far as being a fin nipper why didn't he do that before I got him if that is what he does? I wondered this too. When I bought him his fins were gorgeous.
it could be a lot of reasons including stress. Things like changing your tank around, poor water conditions, a new home, and aggressive tank mates could all be causing your betta to become stressed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.