Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Crowntail Beta named Moby.Last week I noticed him swimming and floating on his side.When he tries to swim toward the bottom he just floats straight back up.He holds himself up under a plant but mostly just floats on top.
I put him in his own tank now which is a 3 gallon.Was in a 6 gallon Spec with a filter and heater.I was told it sounds like swimmers Bladder so I turned up his heater to 79.Fast him for 3 days.Put 1 teaspoon of salt in his tank then after the 3rd day I did the thawed de shelled pea thing.He wont eat it at all.The water all reads real good. I use the api liquid test kit..I used tap and half of my cycled 36 gallon water in it also.
I have 2 Tom filters to make sure its getting enough water circulation and staying cleaned.I clean his water 30% every other day.
I don't know what else to do.I love this little guy and don't want him to suffer.Please let me know what else I need to do?
Thank you

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have a Crowntail Beta named Moby.Last week I noticed him swimming and floating on his side.When he tries to swim toward the bottom he just floats straight back up.He holds himself up under a plant but mostly just floats on top.
I put him in his own tank now which is a 3 gallon.Was in a 6 gallon Spec with a filter and heater.I was told it sounds like swimmers Bladder so I turned up his heater to 79.Fast him for 3 days.Put 1 teaspoon of salt in his tank then after the 3rd day I did the thawed de shelled pea thing.He wont eat it at all.The water all reads real good. I use the api liquid test kit..I used tap and half of my cycled 36 gallon water in it also.
I have 2 Tom filters to make sure its getting enough water circulation and staying cleaned.I clean his water 30% every other day.
I don't know what else to do.I love this little guy and don't want him to suffer.Please let me know what else I need to do?
Thank you
Try an air stone. It could be your water isn't oxygenated enough.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Thank you
Sounds like a swim bladder issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts