Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy Weekend!

Heather of PAC emailed with a problem she's having. When she did the Betta Fish code for a discount, she intended it to be for a "reward" for Betta Fish members-only. That's not happening and anyone and everyone is using it

She wants to continue giving to Betta Fish so one of her solutions is to have them email someone for the code (I volunteered) instead of it being public knowledge.

Is this acceptable to you guys.

Linda

BTW, sorry for being MIA but life's been rough since right after Christmas. I'm fine now. :)

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Hi Linda, welcome back, its great to have you back with us :) Happy to hear your fine !

A few questions if you don't mind. Is Heather a member of Bettafish.com, where did she post this discount that everyone was using , and what is your plan for controlling who gets the code on this forum ? Could you just go into a little more detail please.

Also is this somewhere she works that give discounts codes an does she have permission to post the code on forums ? What is the discount code for ?

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, Sheila:

I'm not sure if Heather's a member. She owns www.plantedaquariumscentral.com. She's never posted the code; memebers have. Apparently she got a lot of business from word-of-mouth and wanted to give back so members get a 10% or 15% discount (excluding shipping).

The plan would be for me to check to see if people who PM are actual members. If they aren't, they'd have to join before I gave them the code.

Heather continues to honor the code as posted by various member. She just wanted to figure out some way that only people who supported Betta Fish received the discount.

Linda

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Thanks for answering my questions Linda. I understand an really don't have a problem with it, sounds like a good plan to bring some members to BF.

Lets wait though and let some of the other mods weight in before we decide if you can proceed with your plan :)

·
Administrator
5,465 Posts
I'm sorry... I'm a bit confused. Russell when you say " She just wanted to figure out some way that only people who supported Betta Fish received the discount." Do you mean Bettafish.com?

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm sorry... I'm a bit confused. Russell when you say " She just wanted to figure out some way that only people who supported Betta Fish received the discount." Do you mean Bettafish.com?
Yep. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts