Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Beautiful looking tank, how long has it been set up for? Love that piece of driftwood you have in it, and the fish look happy nice coloration on the rummys.
Thank You for the kind words. It has been set up for about 4 months. We found the driftwood in the local river!! Cheaper that way:lol:

·
Registered
176 Posts
I really like your tank, 125's are awesome....

What are the "purpilish" plant's?... the color they add to the tank looks great.

Besides the rummies and what appears to be cardinals, what other fish are you keeping in this set up?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Beautiful tank!!! very nice piece of driftwood. I'm always terrified to add anything from the "wild" lol. Maybe i should say lazy instead of terrified. I know i could cure em and be fine. Meh.....

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I really like your tank, 125's are awesome....

What are the "purpilish" plant's?... the color they add to the tank looks great.

Besides the rummies and what appears to be cardinals, what other fish are you keeping in this set up?
the red plantsare Alt. Reinekii They are actually red, I just have a bad camera:lol:
I have Microdevario Kubotai, Micro red tetras, A few species of Danios. about 15 cories, a small group of Sidthimunki loaches, and 1 female guppy:shock: She came in as a contaminant with some plants:roll:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Really like the Alt. Reinekii - are you dosing with ferts and adding CO2? How much light do you have and what is your lighting schedule... hope I'm not being too nosey, just interested in learning more about your set up....

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Really like the Alt. Reinekii - are you dosing with ferts and adding CO2? How much light do you have and what is your lighting schedule... hope I'm not being too nosey, just interested in learning more about your set up....
I am using the PPS pro fert system from Greenleaf, dose every other day.
I have pressurized CO2 diffused through powerheads at each end of the tank.
My lighting is 400 watts of T-5 HO Quad system. I run 2 bulbs 6 hrs per day, and all 4 for 2 hrs. per day.
The Par is 100 at the substrate, the co2 level is about 40ppm.
Tank is finally balanced out, and starting to improve.:-D

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
DAVE!!! *HUGS* I miss you - things have been so busy over here!

Glad to see that you started a thread, sorry I'm late in finding it. The tank looks GREAT! Wonderful to hear that you've found that tricky balance, and things are going (and growing) well. ^.^ Keep it up - can't wait to see where this tank goes next. It's been such an adventure for you!

·
Administrator
5,465 Posts
Tank looks awesome Dave!
Try taking your pic at night... total darkness in the room so no reflections from tv or windows and no flash... and use the tank bright lights for lighting and see how those turn out. Of course we'll want to see them. :lol:

Reactions: Chesh

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you both for the kind words. It has certainly been an adventure.:lol:
I will be getting some new rarer plants, once the weather cools some. I will keep you all up to date.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts