Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, this is my first post... I am beginning with a new tank, relatively small one... and bought some new plants to get into it... anyhow, the sales guy was not sure of the name and characteristics of these plants, and cannot find them in any database... (all look very similar to me, tho)

Anyone could identify them for me please... thanks.!

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
Hello and welcome aboard, Gaz.:wave:

That plant appears to be a terrestial plant rather than aquatic. If it does not droop outside the water, then definitely not a true aquatic plant at all. There are lots of plants sold as true aquatic plants yet, the truth is that none of them will stay submerged for a long time.

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
Look like a Marble Queen Radicans sword and a radican sword. It does look like it could have been grown emersed but only time will tell. The root systems looks most like it was buried fully to the top of the "bulb" so I would bury it that far and wait to see. The current leaves may die off but before they do a new leaf should come up in a submerged form if it is an aquatic plant.

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
You got it, Gaz.:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.