Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and girls,

hope one of you can help me, I have five zebra pleco which I have owned for quite a while but one has started to get pink growths around his eye, I have checked water quality which is fine and I haven’t changed their diet or anything, so any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!

Attachments

·
Registered
430 Posts
Hey guys and girls,

hope one of you can help me, I have five zebra pleco which I have owned for quite a while but one has started to get pink growths around his eye, I have checked water quality which is fine and I haven’t changed their diet or anything, so any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!
If you want to be pro active about it, you could look into a broad range antibiotic or antifungal medication.

Automotive tire Sleeve Font Automotive wheel system Electric blue

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you for getting back to me, have ordered some medicine which is coming tomorrow, however I have put some Indian almond leafs in the tank of which has anti-fungal properties and is more natural way of solving this if it is fungal disease, will post the outcome for it might help someone with similar issue in the future :)

·
Registered
430 Posts
Thank you for getting back to me, have ordered some medicine which is coming tomorrow, however I have put some Indian almond leafs in the tank of which has anti-fungal properties and is more natural way of solving this if it is fungal disease, will post the outcome for it might help someone with similar issue in the future :)
Okay please keep us updated. 🙏

·
Registered
3 Posts
So it been good couple of days and I can say with good news ever since putting the Indian almonds leafs in there been a massive decrease in the size of the pink growth, obviously the leaf has tinted my water but I rather that then a dead fish!! So for anyone now or in the future I would recommend using the Indian almond leaf before using any fungal medicines it a safer bet for you and the fish :)
Hood Human body Organism Whiskers Water

·
Registered
430 Posts
So it been good couple of days and I can say with good news ever since putting the Indian almonds leafs in there been a massive decrease in the size of the pink growth, obviously the leaf has tinted my water but I rather that then a dead fish!! So for anyone now or in the future I would recommend using the Indian almond leaf before using any fungal medicines it a safer bet for you and the fish :) View attachment 845299
Good deal, I'm glad. I'm always for the natural way before meds.
🙏 👍

·
Registered
84 Posts
I think the presence of natural solutions is truly a good thing. Beyond that I would suggest you do what you can to treat the infection out of existence the first time. My painful experience with fungal infections is that outward signs can disappear while the fungus has enough of itself left inside of your fish to reestablish itself quickly and spread.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts