Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1) Why are there bettas in the TFK photo contest? It clearly states to submit them at Bettafish.com instead. But every month I see some turn up in the TFK contest. Would it be possible for someone (moderator or admin doesn't really matter) to PM the person who submitted the photo and inform them they need to submit betta photos to Bettafish.com and prevent that photo from showing up in the contest? I don't feel it is right that I follow the rules, and when others don't, they aren't reprimanded for it.

2) Why can't I vote for my own photo in the contest? I have never understood this. I submitted it, so I think it is good enough to win. My only choices right now are to not vote at all or vote against my own picture. If the intention is to prevent me from voting at all, then maybe text should pop up when we click on the contest that tells us we aren't allowed to vote if we submit a photo. Or we could be allowed to vote for our own picture.

I apologize for bringing these up if they are already in the works. If they aren't I wanted to bring them to the attention of the mods. This may be something that is left over from years ago and needs some renovations.

Thanks! :)

·
Administrator
5,465 Posts
Those are both good points. I was able to vote for my own pic last month... wonder why you can't? Maybe it's something to do with the new platform.

I didn't know you guys had a Photo of the month contest on BF... so myself, I didn't know that we should not allow them. Hmmmmm. I never looked that close at the POTM contest. Good that you brought it up.

Hoping one of the other mods gives some perspective on this.

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
I agree with you on both points, Izzy. I'd rather not have a vote at all if I've entered, that seems fair to me. (I saw your pic, btw, great shot!). I wonder if Jakie was able to vote because of mod status? I might have to enter and see ;)

For the Betta pics in the contest. . . it's kind of tricky, I think. It seems weird to exclude an entire type of fish from the contest, even though there is a separate area for them. I imagine that it depends on where the entrant spends most of their time. I have a Betta, but spend most of my time on this side of the forum, so I'd naturally be inclined enter a shot of him here. . . I don't think I've ever looked through the images in Bettaland - do they submit photos of other fish, too? I've always felt the same as you when I see image after image of Betta entered. . . hrm.

Are mods able to 'move' entries from one contest to the other?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts