Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone.

Just finished tarting up my tank after a massive algea bloom and thought i'd share my efforts with everyone at Fush Forum.

I've added bogwood, more plants, a few kilos of sand and spent my hard earned cash on some equipment.
More specifically a Fluval 205 external filter, a UV sterilizer and a Tetra CO2 dispenser. I also converted all of the tubing and intake/outake on the Fluval filter to Eheim (so much more straight forward to use)

Don't your fish just suck your wallet you dry?

·
Registered
257 Posts
i know what u mean. i swear everytime we get some extra cash we're like "hm...what fish tank should we pour this into?" your tank looks nice, very clean.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
did the uv sterilizer take care of your algae problem? and how big is your tank? very pretty

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The UV steriliser worked a treat.

The algea bloom was massive, couldn't see the back of the tank but within a week of installing the UV the water was crystal clear, would highly recommend one.

The tank itself is a Fluval Uno 60, so is 63 litres (i think thats about 16 US gallons, but don't qutoe me).

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
That's a really good looking tank you have there :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone for the good comments, nice to get positive feedback bout your hard work.

It's been a long struggle to get it to a point where i'm happy with it, but is def worth it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts