Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im just curious does anyone know what kind of fish would be suitable for low ph between 6.0-7.0 ive tried to raise my ph but it still goes back to between 6.0-7.0 and right now i have a molly, a platy and a guppy in a ten gallon tank

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
The smaller tetras and barbs would be a good fit. Your PH probably goes back down because your carbon hardness (KH) is low. KH acts as a buffer for PH swings and if it is low, your water will revert back to its original levels. I'm just assuming this from your PH. Typically, low PH is common to soft water and high PH is common to harder water.

·
Registered
358 Posts
im just curious does anyone know what kind of fish would be suitable for low ph between 6.0-7.0 ive tried to raise my ph but it still goes back to between 6.0-7.0 and right now i have a molly, a platy and a guppy in a ten gallon tank
Tetras and barbs, really most fish in general will love your water, but unfortunately the fish you currently have are some of the few that will not tolerate it. Livebearers need higher ph levels and hard alkaline water to thrive or they won't last long.

·
Registered
22,557 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts