Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Tetras gouramis bn plec rasboras
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I identified my water was odd, my pH is 7.2, my gh is 4, my kh is 2. In my main tank, I have little problems with swings due to it being so large vs the bioload from the fish, in small tanks like QT it's a nightmare especially when I'm cycling. I have managed to bring the QT tanks to 4kh and 5gh with the ph remaining at 7.2 to 7.4 using crushed coral. My main tank, I have also added crushed coral but the parameters are still staying the same, should I add more crushed coral to buffer?

·
Registered
351 Posts
I identified my water was odd, my pH is 7.2, my gh is 4, my kh is 2. In my main tank, I have little problems with swings due to it being so large vs the bioload from the fish, in small tanks like QT it's a nightmare especially when I'm cycling. I have managed to bring the QT tanks to 4kh and 5gh with the ph remaining at 7.2 to 7.4 using crushed coral. My main tank, I have also added crushed coral but the parameters are still staying the same, should I add more crushed coral to buffer?
I'm reading what you've said and I'm not quite understanding why you're wanting to change your PH and hardness? Are you having problems with the PH/hardness crashing over time and that's why you're adding for buffering? What are you trying to do here? Raise or lower the PH? Or keep it the same/stable?

·
Registered
10g: 8 young golden Dalmatian mollies 1 neon tetra 2 nerite snails 10g: 2 nerites, soon molies fr t1
192 Posts
Some people believe that 7.2 is too high, and, in rare circumstances, they are right. But for your standard aquarium, you should be fine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts