Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Administrator
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Just wanted to let you all know that we have a mobile app available for you to download to your mobile phone and/or tablet.

Right now, we have it available for Apple products only but we're working on an Android app as well to be released in the future.

Here is the link to our mobile app:

PetGuide Mobile - PetGuide

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thanks Yungster,

Let us know when it's available for Android

Eric

·
Administrator
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
is there a way to enable notifications with the app when a thread you are subscribed to has a new reply? I would rather use the app full time instead if using the email feature to reply to posts and the app to write them.
I honestly don't know because I don't subscribe to threads. I'll play around with the app and see if I can find anything.

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Whats the difference in using the app verses using the mobile or website version on a cellphone?? Are there any advantages?? Just curious?

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
The app functions like tapatalk 1 did. It's WAY better than using the mobile site, and much more convenient than using the full site on the phone. There are some aspects with which you want the full site for, like viewing peoples tanks and all. But aside from that, it's a great way to use the forum, second to using a computer. I highly recommend it, and highly recommend paying for the app - the free one has ads....

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
And it's SOOOOOOO easy to post pics with the phone

Sent from Petguide.com App

·
Registered
5,201 Posts

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Thanks Jaysee, but if I have to pay for an app just to view the forum that I can view for free now then I see no benefit in for me.

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
It's a free app, but the ad free one costs $3. It's WELL worth it in my experience. I know I have wasted more than $3 on something that I don't use nearly as much. Spread out over a year that's $0.008 a day....

Once you learn how to use the app it's easier to do things than using the computer. Try the free one, get accustomed to it and then if the ads annoy you you can upgrade.

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Will have to wait till the android version comes out first.

Yes I know all that and I don't even have an Apple base phone.
Through you say its much like Tapatalk is/was and my wife has that and I never saw the point of using it. She much like you though and says its great and loves it much better. So in general its just me that has Issues! LoL

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
I must admit that it was not love at first sight with tapatalk, but as I used it and learned the ins and outs, I became completely enamored with it. I'm thrilled to have an app for TFK!

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
Unfortunately the TFK forum and the betta forum are merged on the app, so it is inundated with betta threads, making it difficult to catch new TFK threads. That's a disappointment.

·
Registered
5,201 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Bummer :( I've tried a few times but can't get it either. I was so stoked to be able to just snap a pic and post it from my phone. Oh well, it's still a cool app.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
Bummer :( I've tried a few times but can't get it either. I was so stoked to be able to just snap a pic and post it from my phone. Oh well, it's still a cool app.
Posted via Mobile Device
I know what you mean - its SO awesome... When it works. I was told its being looked into, so maybe soon.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Unfortunately the TFK forum and the betta forum are merged on the app, so it is inundated with betta threads, making it difficult to catch new TFK threads. That's a disappointment.
Just downloaded the app and I like it a lot..... but I probably won't use it as I'm not into Betta's.... which are apparently very popular - as the majority of the latest new posts are Betta related and I don't feel like sifting through them all...

Is there any chance the two different sites will have their own Petguide "area" in the future?...

No knock at all on Betta lovers, they probably feel the same way in reverse.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
It's nice for keeping up with threads you've participated in, as well as PMs.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts