Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Mods!

Well as the title suggests I was wondering if we should have a sticky about Baby Betta care. I know the Petco Babies have certainly gotten around lately, I myself having two as well. I know we have our Petco Baby Betta Thread to show all the pictures but as myself and others have helped people learn about their Baby Betta's and how to care for them I feel it might be very useful at this point to have a sticky in the Betta Care section.

So I am willing to write up something, get some other peoples advice in as well because I know I don't know everything and then post it to make a Sticky? I also checked out the Breeding Betta's section and know there are some links on how to care for fry so I would certainly link those to the article as well if it came about.

As always, suggests are welcome. Thank you very much mods!
-lil

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Hi lil and I think you have a great idea there and thanks for sharing it. I only wish these chain stores were not selling babies because so many people who have never had fish before will get them cause they are so adorable and not know how to properly take care of them. That being said and since some of our member are buying or already have baby Bettas we do need a detailed sticky, I say go for it and post it here when you are finished so all the mods can have a look at it and decide the best area to place it as a sticky. This is of course my opinion and lets wait and let some of the other mods weight in on what they think. Thanks lil :-D

·
Premium Member
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Certainly! I will beginning writing soon just to have something to go by anyway, always easier to copy and paste info anyway haha. Thank you very much! I'll wait to hear from others!

·
Premium Member
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you!

Okay so here's a question, would y'all like me start a thread in the Betta Care section to see if other Breeders and whatnot will contribute information since I am not all knowing? Or should I just PM people to ask for other things that I don't know about and then type it all up and post it here? Either way I'm fine with it ^_^

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Hi lil I think maybe it would be a good idea to send a pm to Myates since she is Moderator and also a breeder she should be able to help you out and give you some good tips and also indjo could help but I do know he is busy working on a sticky right now for the breeders section. You could post a thread if you want to and if you think it will help you out go ahead and do that as well. Also how about Mattbettas he is breeder and should know a lot about babies and I am thinking he would love to help you out. :) Good luck and if I can think of anymore ideas I will send you a pm or post them here.

·
Premium Member
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Right! Will do, I was just talking to logisticsguy as well for advice and he made me lol with a certain line; and I quote "eggs yolks are for last resorts, it's not like baby betta's come by floating egg yolks out in the wild," I couldn't contain myself after that line haha

Anyway! I will do, thanks!

Reactions: Destinystar
1 - 8 of 8 Posts