Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering if I may have permission to offer free of charge to this community my 2 male bettas along with their 10 gallon setups. I will have to be moving to an apartment soon and they will only allow me to bring 1 tank. My main concern is that they are allowed to live out their lives in their 10 gallon tanks as they have grown accustomed to. I was hoping to be allowed to offer this as a free local pickup in the classified section. Ryan

·
Administrator
5,465 Posts
There used to be a posting limit but I think it may have been removed. Give it a try. Do not post phone numbers or addresses in the open forum tho. Just state what city you are in, and for interested parties to contact you via pm. If you have trouble with posting a thread let us know.
SeaHorse

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I just tried to post in the classifieds section but I was not allowed to. I'm on the bettafish.com forums if that makes any difference.

·
Administrator
5,465 Posts
It's not so much a permission thing that needs to be granted but more... being an active member of the community with long standing and a set number of posts. We did try to remove it but the site has some crazy coding and I think we were unable to do that. Sorry.
It prevents people coming to the forum just to buy/sell. We wish to grow and build our communities and members can interact and decide if they wish to purchase from another member based on conversations they've had with each other.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not trying to sell anything. I'm just trying to give my bettas to people that I know care about bettas, which is why I came to this site. I think the restriction is quite excessive, but I thank you for your efforts.

·
Administrator
5,465 Posts
Could you split the tank into 2? Keeping 2 of your Betta's? I agree that 10gal is best but 5 is not horrible... better than a lot of the other options out there.
Yes it is excessive and we tried to get it removed and lowered but due to the way this forum was hand created, making changes seems to mess up other areas. It has been quite a challenge.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I may do that if I can't find someone I trust to take them. I won't be able to take all of my fish with me when I move and I'm worried someone will try to put them in a tiny bowl or a vase if I take them back to the pet store.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts