Tropical Fish Keeping banner

221 - 231 of 231 Posts

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
I enjoyed that video much more, by far. I was able to see more detail of each fish. Amazing color going on in that tank. I really like that Cuban Hogfish. I can't say when I've ever seen one. They don't have one in any of the tanks at our nearby Seaworld or Scripps Birch aquarium, at least that I have seen and I pretty much scour each tank with my eyeballs. One word, "Wow".

PS. Did you aquire your majestic Angelfish as a juvenile? If so, at what stage of their lives to their colors change?

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #223
I enjoyed that video much more, by far. I was able to see more detail of each fish. Amazing color going on in that tank. I really like that Cuban Hogfish. I can't say when I've ever seen one. They don't have one in any of the tanks at our nearby Seaworld or Scripps Birch aquarium, at least that I have seen and I pretty much scour each tank with my eyeballs. One word, "Wow".

PS. Did you aquire your majestic Angelfish as a juvenile? If so, at what stage of their lives to their colors change?
I purchased my Majestic after its adult color was already present. Sometimes in captivity the color pattern will not change from juvenille to adult, and I didn't want to take a chance!

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #224
nice! love the majestic angel! wish i could keep one in my reef! i guess thats the trade off!
Ahhh... but as you know, the Majestic and Blue Face are rumored to be worthy of reef risk!

·
Registered
499 Posts
Ahhh... but as you know, the Majestic and Blue Face are rumored to be worthy of reef risk!

LOL
don't tempt me, he's already on the possibility list if i start my tank over from scratch but i think my tank may be too small. it's bad enough this disease!

·
Registered
671 Posts
WOWza!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOVE IT!!! All your fish are GORGEOUS!!!!!

Love the Clarkii. I know they are common, but if I would not have been outvoted by the rest of the family I would have a pair of Clarkiis or Cinnamons.

Is your Sailfin fully grown?? How big is he?

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #229
An update on my tank. On 7/15/2012 I took the tank apart. Curse of the fishkeeper, I get bored after a few years of the same setup. The fish were doing great and I really enjoyed this tank, but the desire to do a freshwater heavily planted live plant tank caught up to me. I will do a build on this tank in the plant forum here at TFK.

The fish were all found proper homes with experienced fishkeepers, minus a few common varieties that were returned to the LFS. Curiously, the Clarkii Clown was missing, I have no idea when he disappeared or why.

I hope you've all enjoyed this build as much as I did. And I hope I don't look back and regret taking this tank down! Now, on to a new challenge, freshwater live plants...

·
Registered
9,426 Posts
well i would like to wish you the very best,and say thank you
for sharing this time.
good luck with the new tank i'm sure it will be everything and more. :-D

·
Registered
322 Posts
I love "MacGyvering" in the aquarium hobby. Personally, I prefer the real thing to "country crock"! Ingenious solution to a perennial problem: "I'm outta cash and I need more aquarium equipment!" Did you ever get the 180? I see that I am reading back a few years.

Luckily I have at least three GREAT LFSs in my area, any of which are reliable. Let's see your tanks.

221 - 231 of 231 Posts