1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. 72g
4 fw
5 over a year

i just took my three fish back to the petstore yesterday and plan on starting over. albino pacu, pike cichlid, and Raphael catfish. today i was draining the water and i stirred up the sand to get all the dirt out of the sand and after i noticed these things swimmin around. i was wondering what they are and how deadly they are if they are deadly at all. i had them in the summer swimming around the whole tank but this time they were just in the sand. the water was very dirty because my brother had been watching them for the past 5 months since i was not here. thank you. i tried uploading a video but i do not know how to.

Sky Black Atmospheric phenomenon Light Water

Sky Atmospheric phenomenon Light Sunlight Morning

Atmospheric phenomenon Light Sky Sunlight Water

Sky Atmospheric phenomenon Water Light Sunlight

·
Registered
58 Posts
Those are very likely detritus worms. They are harmless and will actually help eat leftover food on the substrate or gravel. Fish will gobble them up in no time :D. If you want to keep their population in control, just feed less.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your input i was wondering do these guys leave the gravel too? The one time o came home when my brother was taking care of them and there were literally thousands of them and i put this stuff in to kill parasites amd they were gone the next day
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
58 Posts
You're welcome. Yeah, they can also leave the gravel too if they wanted to. They swim in a wave-like pattern, right? I believe any dewormer meds like levamisole would wipe them out if you don't like them. My fish likes foraging for them lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.