Tropical Fish Keeping banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
I'm gonna let the Aussie scientist take over here on this one and just go sit in my corner.
Sorry. Didnt mean to sound like a know it all. However, i thought google images may of explained it better since my horrible explanation did not...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
Sorry. Didnt mean to sound like a know it all. However, i thought google images may of explained it better since my horrible explanation did not...

No worries! Google images did NOT help, I am helpless when it comes to mathy stuff...although maybe if you drew me a nice picture or acted it out in finger puppets it might help?

*gets the popcorn*

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
No worries! Google images did NOT help, I am helpless when it comes to mathy stuff...although maybe if you drew me a nice picture or acted it out in finger puppets it might help?

*gets the popcorn*
Haha. I believe there are some youtube videos already. ;) Many chem students - including myself - find it difficult at first.... you kinda get use to it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have well water and when I tested it before adding stock everything read as followed.

PH- 7.0
AMMONIA 0ppm
NITRITE 0ppm
NITRATE 0ppm
SO...something is bumping your PH up. I still find it odd you have ammonia but no nitrites...but you DO have nitrates...

Did you already say how long he's been in there?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Since Oct 25th
hmmm, only 5 days. Maybe do a 50% water change, take the readings when you are done. Wait a day and take the readings again. Maybe that will give you a baseline of wtf is going on? But def keep up on the water changes so while your tank is being all wonky it doesnt get toxic?

Is your test the strips or the drops?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Ok, thanks for the heads up! I’m going to do my water change then post what the reading says.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Before water change:

PH- 7.6
HRPH- 8.8
AMMONIA- .25PPM
RITE- 0PPM
RATE- .5PPM

After water change:

PH- 7.6