Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently got a blue ram ( online) and today it got delivered I'm not overly familiar with them. I know that they can pale in shipping but this one appears to have no markings is that because it's very young maybe as well as pale from travel ? Also unsure how to sex, attached is a photo. It has only been delivered today.

I double checked that I definately ordered a German blue ram, have they maybe sent me an electric blue ram instead ?

·
Registered
7 aquaria: live plants, shrimp, snails, celestial danios, white clouds, corys, ottos...
24 Posts
How old is this guy? They are relative dull as babies and don't fully color up until they get a little older.

Unless this guy is VERY small/young, I suspect that you are correct that this is an Electric Blue.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm unsure of age as it was an online purchase through livefish, definately pretty small though so I'd say relatively young, from researching I'm pretty certain they have sent me an electric blue which is fine I guess. They don't require different care to the German though do they ? Pretty sure electric blue is just breeding for the blue colour of the German - as I said I don't have alot of experience with rams just concerned if my parameters/tank mates I set up are still compatible. I think it's a male ? But I'm pretty unfamiliar with sexing them..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts