Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So out of my 5 angels, i have 1 outcast. The other 4 picked on her some and now she just sits by the heater by the top of the tank looking pitiful. I have nowhere else to house her except maybe a 10 gallon snail tank :( the other 4 have completely ignored her since she started this. What is the chance she will be okay? Do i need to rehome her? Do u think it could be something else like her being sick?

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
Yes you should remove the fish from the tank. If it's not sick now, the stress can certainly manifest itself in some disease/sickness.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes you should remove the fish from the tank. If it's not sick now, the stress can certainly manifest itself in some disease/sickness.
When i got home from work this morning she was dead :(. RIP bonnie :( she was one of my first fish.

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
Yes, that's certainly a way it can go. It's kinda like a chicken and egg scenario - Is the fish getting picked on cause it's sick, or does it get sick as a result of being picked on....

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, that's certainly a way it can go. It's kinda like a chicken and egg scenario - Is the fish getting picked on cause it's sick, or does it get sick as a result of being picked on....
Yeah, you know its possible. She went down quick. There were no outward appearances and everyone else in the tank is fine. Water params r fine so who knows. The other four were ruthless to her. I should have quarentined her but i thought they were just establishin thei peaking order.

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
It's ALWAYS best to quarantine

1 - 8 of 8 Posts