Tropical Fish Keeping banner

our 55 gallon

3K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  joeshmoe 
#1 ·
our 55 gallon freshwater working on planted tank.....

See less See more
#9 ·
Hondaguy1996 said:
I see you have 2 filters.....I am new to this whole fish tank thing, and I was wondering why you would have 2 filters like that? Is it because of the size of the tank.

Thank you
Welcome aboard.:wave:

This will help the handling of bioload the tank has. In a tank that has several fish, you will need more than just a filter to accommodate the bioload.:) Overfiltration is often necessary in overstocked tanks.:)

#12 ·
Well i am not exactly sure why mike put 2 filters on there but he did, its not really overstocked. But better safe then sorry i guess :D

Is there any one who can tell what plants i have in there by the pic? i always forget names of thing when we first get them (well names of plants rather than fish). But if anyone can list them i would appreciate it. If you need better pics of things just let me know. Thanks!!

#15 ·
Melissa said:
Well i am not exactly sure why mike put 2 filters on there but he did, its not really overstocked. But better safe then sorry i guess :D

Is there any one who can tell what plants i have in there by the pic? i always forget names of thing when we first get them (well names of plants rather than fish). But if anyone can list them i would appreciate it. If you need better pics of things just let me know. Thanks!!
the front right looks like a melon sord and the middle looks like some kinda cript and the one by the right filterlike like another sord

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.