Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
Hondaguy1996 said:
I see you have 2 filters.....I am new to this whole fish tank thing, and I was wondering why you would have 2 filters like that? Is it because of the size of the tank.

Thank you
Welcome aboard.:wave:

This will help the handling of bioload the tank has. In a tank that has several fish, you will need more than just a filter to accommodate the bioload.:) Overfiltration is often necessary in overstocked tanks.:)

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well i am not exactly sure why mike put 2 filters on there but he did, its not really overstocked. But better safe then sorry i guess :D

Is there any one who can tell what plants i have in there by the pic? i always forget names of thing when we first get them (well names of plants rather than fish). But if anyone can list them i would appreciate it. If you need better pics of things just let me know. Thanks!!

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
yeah, double filtration is great even if the tank is lightly stocked as there is nothing wrong with over filtration.

The background is kind of plain, do you plan on adding anymore decoration to the background?

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Melissa said:
Well i am not exactly sure why mike put 2 filters on there but he did, its not really overstocked. But better safe then sorry i guess :D

Is there any one who can tell what plants i have in there by the pic? i always forget names of thing when we first get them (well names of plants rather than fish). But if anyone can list them i would appreciate it. If you need better pics of things just let me know. Thanks!!
the front right looks like a melon sord and the middle looks like some kinda cript and the one by the right filterlike like another sord

1 - 15 of 15 Posts