Tropical Fish Keeping banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
I'm a Flute player as well ;-)
How long have you been playing for and what sort of flute do you have? I've been playing about 16 years, but have never had any formal lessons. I've been thinking about it for a while but probably have a load of bad habits that will be hard to undo! :)

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
Anyone else besides me want to see youtube clips of SuperFishFan & Amphitrite playing the flute?? :)

·
Registered
97 Posts
How long have you been playing for and what sort of flute do you have? I've been playing about 16 years, but have never had any formal lessons. I've been thinking about it for a while but probably have a load of bad habits that will be hard to undo! :)

It was my first instument... been playing since I was 8 yrs old (I'm 30 now). I play the "C" concerto flute and Alto flute (key of G). I don't own a flute any more as of about two years ago, but I play fluently

·
Registered
9,426 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
martial arts (fighting's my favorite part although I'm not allowed to fight in MMA until I'm out of my parents' house)
quote]

Speaking of MMA, did you catch the Cyborg/Carano fight on Saturday night? (the whole 4 minutes 59 seconds of it....LOL) Knew Cyborg would take down Carano.....not surprised.

·
Registered
9,426 Posts
i hate it when i don't realize there is a third page and my comment seems completly irrelavent!
lol been there done that one. :oops:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Fishing, cooking/eating what I catch, hiking, herping, walking, running, biking, camping, mantids. My parents think im getting obsessed with fish and fishing. I agree:-D

·
Registered
113 Posts
I enjoy target shooting, collecting firearms, camping with my family, wine tasting with my wife. Playing board games and video games with my children. Teaching my children and wife how to shoot...accurately and safely!
I like to...(no laughing here) write poems and I have always wanted to be a songwriter. (you give me music, I can put words to it).

I was looking for a more reasonable hobby, and was introduced to keeping fish, I remember my father having an aquarium, when I was young, I also remember killing all his fish when trying to feed them, and gave them dye instead of food. I recently gave him a trio of my guppies to start a payback plan, and he didn't think I remembered doing that, I was 5.

I enjoy most of all, family gatherings, spending time with, and doing things family oriented. I like picnics, sunsets, and watching lightening storms with my wife on the front porch swing. I guess I'm a hopeless romantic, and a family man!

Did I mention I like target shooting?

·
Registered
9,426 Posts

·
Registered
9,426 Posts
yes please.i love pictures like that,i think they're awsome.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I love boating and fishing. Sometimes I jump in the boat and just go for a nice slow, 30 mph cruise on the lake just to admire the beauty of our local lake. I have my boat on lake Candlewood which is the largest man made lake in CT. It is 15 miles long but has many miles of shore line because it has many coves. I love to water ski but in Ct. you need a boating license to drive a boat and it's hard to find someone to drive for me. I love to play Guitar with my father and now my 11 year old son plays very well. I sit in on his lessons lol.
I also really like venomous snakes. Before my kids were born, I had traded my 13 ft. burmese python to Jake the Snake Roberts, the wrestler, for 3 cobras, a temple viper, 2 pygmy rattlers and a western diamond back.
Then when my kids were born, I obviously had to get rid of them. Now that they are grown up, I only have 2 copperheads which are not considered DEADLY. My fiance won't let me have any more cobras :BIGweepy:

·
Registered
222 Posts
Oh yea, I also dabble in taxidermy. I don't hunt anymore, I became an old softy but I still do an occasional mount for friends. Here is a pair of Wood ducks that I mounted for my ex- father in law. I peeled that bark off of a dead tree and braced it and attached the branch and being that woodys nest in woodpecker holes, I did the mount as such.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I remember Jake "The Snake" Roberts and his python snakes he'd bring to the ring. When he turned heel (bad guy) he started bringing a king cobra to the ring and once when he had Randy Savage tied up in the ring ropes, he released the cobra on him and it bite Savage's arm. It had it's fangs sunk deep in and there were bite marks once the snake was finally pulled off him. It definately had to be de-venomised but they acted like Savage was really poisoned by it! That's cool you two traded snakes lol.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts