Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any Info on him? I Know He Is Rare In The Trade But Thats It. I'll Post A Pic later

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
They are found in groups or singly and are a sand shifting goby. What size reef do you have him in? He may not eat flakes. So make sure you have some frozen mysis.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
I would just make sure that your sand bed is really established and that he has no competition for the same sand sifting habits. Once he is acclimated he may take to frozen foods. Did you see one at your Local Fish Store?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I Feed Frozen Mysis And Pellets. He Eats Mysis Because He Was Just Fed Brfore I Boughf Him. Out Of The Three Available, He Was The Smallest And Ate All The Food. One,Did Not And The Big One Was Too Big. The Tank Is 29 Gallons and Is 1.5 Years Old With An Established Coepepod Community. He And A Small Nassirius Snail Are The Only Sand Creatures.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Neither Have I. I Loved My Diamond Goby,So I Was LOoking For Another Sand Sifter. When I Saw Him I Knew I Had ToGet One, Only 16.98. SinCe He Is Eating I Know He Will Live long

·
Reference Team
1,573 Posts
Ya i get a diamond goby, he is cool. So is this fish. Good price to.
Posted via Mobile Device
Yeah, I love all gobys, fresh and salt. absolutely adore them.
Sounds like you got great deal on him FrightyDog!

Tank, I thought you had a nano salt tank? o_O

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I do. My dad has a 110 reef. I call it mine cuz me and him sort of work on it together but my nano is in my room and is only mine. I would never put a diamond goby in a ten gallon lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This goby is amazing. During feeding; I feed mysis in a baster. Well he goes up to the baster and opens his mouth for me to feed him! So I spot feed him, for now, while the others get scraps and floating pellets :)

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes :) The only thing on the floor is a dying gonipora and leather mushrooms

1 - 14 of 14 Posts