Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya, noticed one of my danios swimming at the top of the tank with what appears to be a hole or abscess on the side of her she looks like she’s in pain as I could imagine and I’m not sure what to do or what’s caused it.

Forgot the fill out form but not sure if I need it

Noticed it about 10 mins ago, tank is 33g I’ve had this fish since it was born and although they all turned out rather odd looking I kept them. Never had a problem with them before, water change done every week.
6 danios, 1 platy, 6 guppies and 6 amano shrimp in there. Do have live plants and a bit of wood but where it is don’t think it’s that so I’m not sure!

Sorry for the photo quality but they’re so quick it’s hard to catch them, then my phone wouldn’t pick up do to lighting

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update:

Taken her out of the tank, been doing some research and come to a conclusion it’s an ulcer however as I was coming up with a treatment plan she started swimming upside down so immediately took her out of the tank. She’s much worse than a few hours ago, two wounds, her scales are sticking out like with dropsy but haven’t seen signs with her before and she’s just laying upside down in a jug so don’t think she’s going to make it 😔

·
Registered
17 Posts
I hate to say it but..... the fish will most likely die.

Moving around different tanks on the fish is usually enough to kill them from that stress alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I hate to say it but..... the fish will most likely die.

Moving around different tanks on the fish is usually enough to kill them from that stress alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Unfortunately died during the night 😔 just shocked as no idea where it came from and just happened so quickly I couldn’t help

1 - 4 of 4 Posts