Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 20g tall with 3 zebra danios and 2 platy's. Should i add more danio's or is 3 enough cause i know that they are a schooling fish

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i just added 2 platy's a couple of days ago. how long should i wait until i add more danio's?

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
Has the tank already been fully cycled? How are your water parameters (ammonia, nitrite, nitrate)? If the tank is fully cycled, you should probably wait a week or so before adding more danios. If the tank is still cycling, I would wait until the cycle is complete before adding any more fish.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ph-7.4, ammonia-0, nitrite-0, nitrate-5. I've never tested for hardness though i don't know if that's something i need to be testing for or not. Those were tested yesterday after having my fish since Monday.

BTW lost rocks, can't wait for the new season.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have three GloLight danios. For about three months, these were the only danios I owned. Two days ago, my little sister talked me into buying her three zebra striped danios. Once I acclimated the fish to the tank and let them go, they instantly schooled with the GloFish!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts