Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I bought 2 danios and 2 rosey tetras for my 35l tank 3 days ago and then i read that they need more company so yesterday brought 2 more danios. They were swiming around since then very aggressively.
Today i saw one danio is staying like this, behind this rock at the back of the tank. Initially i thought he was stuck in there so i moved the rock a bit and allowed him to go. Then after few minutes he again came to this place.

Is this normal for them or should i be concerned. Also i saw one danio's tail fin is damaged.

Other fish seems ok.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi. I think there's nothing wrong with him. He might just get picked on by the others. Or probably he just got tired and trying to rest on his now favorite hiding spot.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Yup! Nothings wrong with him. Sometimes fish will hide for various reasons. The fish was probably just sleeping, and in the wild large predator fish would hunt them down while they sleep, so he was probably fine. What I would do, is just wait around 24 hours and see if he leaves. If not he's probably stuck. Fish can miss 1 or 2 meals without much thought.

·
Registered
21 Posts
He seems totally fine. This has happened to me before with several other different types of schooling fish. I don’t know if it’s just me but it seems like every time I have gotten an even number of the same fish, one will decide to be a loner most of the time. As long as he’s not behaving sickly he should be fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts