Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
still looking into getting a new filter. mine is getting extra loud i think some sand got sucked up. :evil: so ive been searching around an such for a loing time now on canister filters and ive came across many people who believe 2 smaller canister filters is better then one large one. i have a lightly planted tank at the moment with no large fish. its a 55 gallon with 8 BA tetras, 2 blood fin tetras, 3 black skirts, 2 peppered cories (one died last weekend :-( ) 2 black kuhlis, and 2 angelfish. my filter i have now works good enough to keep my water clear n clean. so on a tank this size would two smaller canisters be overkill an make sense to get one nice large one that will turn my water over 5 times or so an hour?

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One filter rated for the 55g is just fine. I have two Aquaclear 70 HOBs on my 60 gallon as one is a dedicated bio-filter while the other is mechanical...but if I was to have a canister, I would just have one.
Off topic, but I do have two heaters just to better ensure proper temperature in the event one fails or the room temperature falls very low.
yeah i think one filter is going to be good im going with the pen plax casade 1000 i think. its in my price range i like the filter baskets. aww man check this out. so i noticed last weekend when i was doing a water change that my water was really cold. so i checked the temp an the tank was only 61F!! my heater had faild. i ended up lossing a peppered cory. two heaters is now what i have i dont want thatto happen again!.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.