Tropical Fish Keeping banner

If I had a 220 Gallon Aquarium, I would stock....

• Total voters
1101 - 1118 of 1118 Posts

·
Administrator
5,465 Posts
Matt and family... Welcome back!! You've been dearly missed! Yes agreed, would love to see how the whole tank looks now!!

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Hey Canadian, Glad to see ya Man! Its been awhile and I am glad you are back!

Sorry to hear about the lose of some of your fish! Hopefully that's all behind now and the ones you have and any future ones you get will do well for ya.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,105 (Edited)
Thanks everyone. We haven't had a fish die in months. We keep thinking the ropefish is dead, as he'll disappear for a couple of days, but then he'll show up out of the blue. Since we added the big fish we see him a lot more, as they frequently go in the cichlid stones, where he used to spend all his time undisturbed.

Here's a video of my Silver Dollar tank. The Leopard Bush fish and the Bleeding Heart Tetras have nearly doubled in size since we got them. The big Silver Dollar I took in for a friend of mine who had him in a big tank with some really aggressive fish. I've had him since around Christmas and he's still a little skittish.

Finally got some real plants in the tacky rainbow tank. Eventually we'll replace all the fake ones with real. My big catfish makes a rare appearance in this. Well, his tail anyway.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,107
You asked for my two cents about the 220? What little I know now which is zip leads me to want discus. I know that will change by the time I have the experience and $ to have a 220.
Discus are beautiful fish, and if I had the money I would love to have a school of them on their own. But they retail here for $60 for small ones to $100+ for larger ones. I'm just too cheap. We usually spend less than $15 per fish. I think once we spent $20.00

Discus colors are amazing. Some of the patterns are stunning.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I'm sitting here drooling (it's not age, LOL). I couldn't shoe horn in a 2 gal tank let alone 220. WOW!!!

·
Registered
318 Posts
heck Canadian, I've seen some that are up in the 'K' category.
I like fish I really don't have to putz much with, aside from the standard water changes and gravel vacuum.

I see the Bosmani, I think I even saw a madagascar rainbow. they move so quick it is hard to identify them.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Welcome back I've been really busy and not on here as much only had one death one of my red rainbows so I added 2 more and I bought another dennison barb so no I have 3 will catch up and follow the thread again
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,114
Thanks, I am disappointed they ate my beautiful plants, but they are cool fish and add a lot to the aquarium. The guy who sold them to me knew about the plants in my tank, argh. I should have researched more prior to purchase. They were just so big and cool I wanted to believe I could add them to my tank when he said I could.

My ropefish is out more lately, and yesterday I saw the small spotted catfish we added to the silver dollar tank. He was swimming all over the tank. That's only the second time we saw him in over 6 months.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Do you feed them the algae disks my clowns now that they are getting big like to eat plants I give them algae wafers and they prefer them
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,116
Do you feed them the algae disks my clowns now that they are getting big like to eat plants I give them algae wafers and they prefer them
Posted via Mobile Device
I haven't been, but I have a whole bunch of those that my bristlenose never ate, so I can try them.

Those banded buggers eat everything I put in the tank and STILL eat my plants. I knew it might happen after I bought them and then read up on them. Oh well, they're really cool. I'll try different plants. Hopefully I'm not stuck with all fakies now.

1101 - 1118 of 1118 Posts